Donating to charity is always a good move. What if there was a way to give back to San Jac and help make a difference? Better yet, what if your Amazon purchases did just that at no extra cost?
AmazonSmile is owned and operated by Amazon.com, Inc., featuring the same products and prices as the regular Amazon site. The distinction between the two is that when shopping on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the cost of all eligible products to your charity of choice. Selecting the San Jacinto College Foundation from the charity list means AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of every purchase to the Foundation.
“Every dollar invested in the San Jacinto College Foundation helps students succeed and provides economic prosperity to local families and communities,” said Courtney Hunter, Alumni and Annual Giving Coordinator, San Jacinto College Foundation. “With student support being the Foundation’s main priority, there is a critical focus on raising funds to support scholarships, academic programs, student emergency funding, and learning facility enhancements. The Foundation believes it is crucial to our community’s future to provide educational opportunities for those who can benefit from it the most.”
AmazonSmile provides a way customers can support San Jac every time they shop with Amazon with no additional cost or interruption of account benefits. You can even shop AmazoSmile on your Amazon business account. Hunter emphasized that “shoppers can use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Their shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.” Customers will find the same Amazon products and prices when using AmazonSmile.
“AmazonSmile is a simple and free way for shoppers to support the San Jacinto College Foundation,” Hunter said. “For a $100 purchase, San Jacinto College Foundation will receive 50 cents. This endeavor allows for the Foundation to receive easy funding to advance the mission of the organization.”
Anyone ready to take advantage of this opportunity can go to smile.amazon.com instead of the regular Amazon website, and follow these steps:
How to use AmazonSmile using a desktop or tablet:
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
- Log in to smile.amazon.com, then open the Accounts & List menu.
- Select AmazonSmile from your account.
- Click the Change Charity button.
- Type San Jacinto College Foundation into the search box, then click the search button.
- Click the Select button next to San Jacinto College Foundation Pasadena Texas.
- Create a bookmark for AmazonSmile.
How to use AmazonSmile using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select AmazonSmile.
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the mobile app.
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
San Jac Unique Link:
More information on how AmazonSmile works: