Want to break into the tech industry?
Learn how to get started with San Jacinto College’s free virtual computer information technology expo March 29-31, 2022, via Zoom.
The three-day event will showcase nine CIT programs that can connect you to a tech career with plenty of advancement opportunities.
Register by March 25 at sanjac.edu/CIT-expo.
Enter high-wage, in-demand field
If you are self-motivated, hard-working, and tech-minded, San Jac’s CIT programs have you covered. Launch a stable, rewarding career after hands-on training under instructors with industry expertise.
With a CIT degree, certifications, and experience, you can advance from an entry-level position to one earning more than six figures a year.
“Computer science and computer technology are great fields to enter now since so many high-demand and high-wage jobs are available,” said Kevin Morris, South Campus dean of business and technology. “Jobs are available for students with associate degrees or higher. San Jac even supports some industry certifications, which are very valuable in obtaining a job.”
Throughout the three-day expo, each CIT program will host a 45-minute to 1-hour live or pre-recorded session. Learn about everything from program length, prerequisites, and admission requirements to internships, career opportunities, and salary potential.
Some sessions may also include virtual facility tours, demos, and perspectives from current students, alumni, and employers.
Choose your training path
San Jac offers many CIT pathways for you to pursue. Fast-track your career with our certificates or Associate of Applied Science degrees, or transfer to a bachelor’s degree program after earning a computer science Associate of Science degree.
Unsure which program to pursue? We can help you choose. Ask yourself a few questions:
- Do I want to repair, install, and build computer/network systems?
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Desktop Support and Microsoft Network Administration
- Network Administration Cisco Specialty
- Do I want to design and program hardware, software, or webpages?
- Computer Simulation & Game Design
- Web Design
- Do I want to manage people or software programs that support tech systems?
- Computer Science (transferrable A.S. degree)
After attending the CIT expo, visit:
- sanjac.edu/CIT for individual program webpages and contact info
- sanjac.edu/connect to schedule an appointment with an admissions advisor (new students) or educational planner (current students)
Not a San Jac student yet? Start the application process by filling out the online Texas higher education application at goapplytexas.org.
Learn more about the CIT expo and programs or view session recordings after the event at sanjac.edu/CIT-expo.