Interested in a health care career? San Jacinto College can help you get there.
The College will hold a free virtual health care expo March 2-4 via Zoom. This three-day event will showcase almost 20 San Jac health science programs that can connect you to a rewarding career in an essential field.
To attend, register at www.sanjac.edu/hc-expo.
You’ve got options
Whether you’re a high school senior, current college student, or someone looking to switch careers, San Jac offers a variety of health care training options to fit your interests and skills.
“As the pandemic has illustrated, health care is a field that is in high demand . . . whether you prefer actual patient contact or behind-the-scenes work,” said Dr. Rhonda Bell, Central Campus dean of health and natural sciences.
Throughout the three-day expo, programs will host a 45-minute to hour-long live or pre-recorded session. Learn about everything from program length, prerequisites, application deadlines, and admission requirements to clinicals, career opportunities, and salary potential.
Some sessions may also include virtual tours of facilities and perspectives from current students, graduates, and health care employers.
Take your pick
San Jac offers these health science programs:
- Advanced imaging modalities
- Cancer data management
- Diagnostic medical sonography
- Emergency medical services
- Eye care technology
- Health information management
- Medical assisting/billing/coding
- Medical laboratory technology
- Mental health services
- Nursing (LVN, RN, and RN-to-BSN)
- Occupational therapy assistant
- Personal trainer
- Pharmacy technician
- Physical therapy assistant
- Respiratory care
- Surgical technology
Unsure which health care field to pursue?
Ask yourself a few questions: Do I want to have direct patient contact? Do I want to be a member of a larger team? Do I want to work on computers or in a lab setting?
Besides attending the health care expo, you may:
- Attend health science program information sessions held regularly throughout the year. For updates, check the webpages of the programs you’re interested in.
- Talk to a San Jac educational planner (email@example.com) or reach out to individual program directors for guidance.
To apply for any San Jac program, start by filling out the online Texas higher education application at www.applytexas.org.
Knowledge is power
To learn more about the expo and the College’s health science programs, visit www.sanjac.edu/hc-expo. If you can’t attend the expo, you can view recordings of the sessions on this webpage after the event.