Develop the Skills to Do-it-Yourself.
Do you have a Honey Do List you’ve been putting off? Use this time to spruce up your home and make those DIY repairs you’ve been meaning to do. Learn to make minor home repairs and save money. View helpful online videos with step-by-step instructions.
- From Home Depot
- From Lowe’s
- San Jacinto College CPD
If you enjoy working with your hands to repair and improve your home, take a look at the short courses offered through our HVAC program. We have courses on Refrigeration, A/C Troubleshooting, Basic Electricity, Industrial Wiring and more! View the Summer 2020 Schedule PDF
Do your pants have a loose hem? Missing a button? Learn some basic hand stitches and beginner tips.
How to Sew a Blind Hem
● Read instructions https://www.wikihow.life/Hem-a-Pair-of-Pants
● Watch a Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlHyqT4K-p0
How to Sew on a Button
Linda's 6-Minute Sewing Essentials
How to Use a Sewing Machine
With hair salons closed, some folks are turning to do-it-yourself “coronacuts.”
How to Trim Your Bangs
***INSERT VIDEO FROM SAN JAC COSMETOLOGY DEPT
The San Jacinto College cosmetology program prepares students to be hairdressers, hair weavers, salon operators, facial specialists, manicurists, eye lash specialists, and more. Learn more about a degree in cosmetology and non-credit eyelash extension certificates INSERT CPD FLYER.
Now, more than ever, protect your family by following simple steps for cleaning and disinfecting your home.
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Households. Recommendations from the CDC. Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces daily in household common areas (e.g. tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, phones, tablets, touch screens, remote controls, keyboards, handles, desks, toilets, sinks). https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html
- Home Cleaning Videos from Home Depot
- How to Correctly Pressure Wash Your Home from Lowe’s
Tips for taking care of pets during the coronavirus pandemic.
Keep Your Pets Active!
Keep Active with Your Pets!
● Whether it’s an interactive toy or giving them an extra special treat that lasts longer (bully sticks, bones, doggy ice cream – with supervision), it’ll be a fun way to keep them busy and let you keep working.
● You may not be able to go to the dog park, but playing fetch outside, swimming in a pool, or even just going on long walks are super helpful to keep your dog and you, happy and healthy!
● Cats too! Keep them busy with their toys, scratchers, treats, catnip, and other feline-friendly plants. Take your cat on a walk (if that’s their thing, and yes, you can walk cats), and let them enjoy the sunshine and the fresh air!
● Other pets. Birds, reptiles, small mammals, amphibians, and yes even fish! Keep them active, keep them healthy, and remember to give them extra love!
Pets and COVID 19
Pet Food Pantry
Pasadena Humane Society
Houston Humane Society
Easy Dog Treat Recipes
From Taste of Home