Practical meal solutions using ingredients you may have in your pantry or freezer.
Proper storage helps you get the most out of the groceries you buy. Practice food safety and less waste with tips from U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
Sheltering-in-place is the perfect opportunity to learn new culinary skills.
● Enjoy the recipe books below from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI).
● Keep the Beat™ Recipes: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals
● Keep the Beat™ Recipes: Deliciously Heart Healthy Recipes
● USDA ChooseMyPlate Recipes and Video Recipes: https://www.choosemyplate.gov/
● Smart Choices for Healthy Meals from Texas Health and Human Services: https://texaswic.org/wic-foods-and-recipes
Love to cook? The San Jacinto College Culinary Arts program provides basic education and training for cooks and apprentice chefs. Explore your new career here. San Jacinto College Culinary Arts program flyer
Because we all need a little indulgence.
- Pantry Deserts from USDA
- Quick and Easy Dessert Collection from Taste of Home
- Dessert Recipes with 5 Ingredients (Or Less!) from Taste of Home https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/easy-desserts-with-5-ingredients-or-less/