Are you fascinated by technology and the inner workings of the human body? If so, a career in computed tomography, mammography, or magnetic resonance imaging may be the right path for you. These imaging professionals are qualified to provide patient imaging using technology and equipment for CT, mammography, and MRI under the supervision of a medical doctor to examine anatomic structures.
The San Jacinto College Advanced Imaging Modalities program:
- Prepares the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registered students to work in advanced modality positions in hospitals and other health care facilities through various clinical rotations.
- Educates students to produce images used for assessment and diagnosis of various medical conditions.
- Encourages students to be clinically competent, possess critical thinking skills, communicate effectively, and exhibit ethical and professional behavior.
Employment outlook is excellent, and many of our students gain field employment before completing this certificate program.
Graduates of this program are employed in hospitals, clinics, and imaging centers.
Radiologic Technologist median salary: $64,492 per year1
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2018
For more information, students may contact 281-476-1871 or email@example.com.
October 1 - Spring
July 1 - Fall
- Apply for admission to San Jacinto College
- Submit an advanced modality programs application to the program coordinator. Visit the Advanced Imaging Modalities webpage for application.
- Submit copies of transcripts from the radiography program completed.
- Submit copies of current ARRT certification, Texas Medical Board license, and CPR certification through the American Heart association.
Advanced Modality programs application, transcripts, and certifications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a registered technologist with ARRT and licensed by the Texas Medical Boards by the first class date to participate in the program. Please review the link for program information for all Advanced Modality programs. For Advanced Modality applications, please contact the program coordinator listed on the program information sheet below.