Are you a car lover or gearhead? Does nothing get your motor going like a beautiful vehicle? If so, San Jacinto College’s auto collision repair program may be your dream come true. As collision repair shops are typically backlogged with vehicles needing the attention of skilled technicians, you can help fill the void by entering this rapidly growing field. At San Jacinto College, you will gain the skills to become a body or frame technician or a painter or enter related fields such as insurance and estimation, paint retail, and new and used parts. If you have a love for art and automobiles, combine them in our advanced courses. We’ll train you to enter the exciting, flashy world of custom bodywork, custom paint and airbrush, and more!
The San Jacinto College auto collision repair program:
- Gives students the opportunity to learn the skills necessary to repair and refinish collision-damaged automobiles following nationally recognized training standards;
- Trains students in custom painting, layout and design, air brush, metal fabricating, and many other exciting skills used in the world of custom bike, truck, and car building;
- Offers labs based on the highest industry standards and is a member of the Inter-industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair (I-CAR) Industry Training Alliance; and
- Is taught by instructors who are I-CAR certified and maintain many other training certificates to ensure students are getting the most current repair procedures.
At San Jacinto College, students may also choose to specialize in auto painting, auto repair assistant, auto collision repair management, and auto non-collision repair technology.
Students graduating from the auto collision repair technology program pursue careers as:
- Body technicians;
- Frame technicians;
- New and used car make ready technicians;
- Paint retail technicians;
- Parts technicians: new, aftermarket, and used;
- Insurance estimators;
- Collision office employees; and
- Custom body work/custom paint/air brushers.
Automotive Body and Related Repairers median salary: $41,4961
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2018
For more information, students may contact 281-998-6150, x7242 or email Gail.Mason@sjcd.edu.