Do you have a passion for shaping the future? Do you desire to inspire the youth around you because of your passion? If so, San Jacinto College’s child development program is designed for students like you who want to have a profound, positive effect on society through our children. Our program offers the knowledge and technical skills you need to enter the child development profession and serves as a launching pad to a four-year bachelor’s degree program in education. Are you ready for the future?
The San Jacinto College child development/early childhood studies program:
- Is designed to develop basic skills, attitudes, and competencies necessary for personnel to provide high-quality care in a variety of early childhood programs.
Students who receive an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Child Development/Early Childhood Education pursue careers in:
- Directing and/or owning an early childhood program for profit or non-profit
- Teaching in a family day home setting
- Becoming a nanny
- Teaching in a church-related program or government facilities
- Working at a children’s museum
- Serving as a Child Life Specialist Assistant
- Working in an early childhood intervention program
Preschool teacher median salary: $24,0241
Education administrator, preschool and childcare median salary: $41,5191
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2017
For more information, please contact Central campus, 281-476-1867; or North campus, 281-459-7635.