Are you a dreamer of worlds? Have you always been interested in playing the game as much as you’re interested in knowing how it was created? If so, a rewarding career in gaming may be in your future. At San Jacinto College, we teach the latest in game design and programming, simulation, level design, engine development, tool building, and multimedia programming. You’ll get your hands on the latest design applications and game engines, including multi-player and multimedia audio and video tools. Are you up to the challenge?
San Jacinto College’s Simulation and Gaming Technology program:
- Is designed for students who are interested in advanced programming areas, such as simulations, game design, game programming, level design, engine development tool building, and multimedia programming;
- Includes in-depth hands-on training with industry standard applications and game engines, as well as multi-player and multimedia (including audio and video) programming, and two semester project classes where students design and implement their own games or simulations; and
- Offers a simulation and game programming certificate program so students can enhance their training beyond the basic application programming certificate or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Students must apply for admission to this program by contacting the Department Chair and verifying that they have the appropriate interest and drive to succeed in completing this program’s certificate requirements.
The Computer Simulation and Gaming Program prepares students for careers as:
- Entry level programmers,
- Game programmers,
- Level designers,
- Assistant game designers,
- Game engine programmers, and
- Software testers.
Web developer Median Salary: $74,929 per year1
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2017
For more information, please contact North campus, 281-998-6150, x7242; or South campus, 281-998-6150, x3502.