Are you interested in the way things work? Have you always wanted to build your own computer? If so, San Jacinto College’s desktop support program can provide you with the skills to become a desktop and laptop computer hardware and software support expert. Our program teaches students to install, maintain, repair, replace, and upgrade computers to set you on course for a fulfilling career in the always booming tech industry.
The San Jacinto College’s network administration program:
- Provides students with the skills necessary to work as computer network service technicians, with an emphasis placed on installing and maintaining network;
- Is designed to provide the student with skills in desktop computer hardware and software support;
- Teaches students to install, maintain, repair, replace, and upgrade desktop computers; and
- Prepares students for industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+ and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA).
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Desktop Support and Microsoft Networking is an excellent entry point into future studies leading to careers that include:
- Desktop Support Specialists,
- Helpdesk Supports,
- PC Technicians,
- MS Network Administrators,
- Network Technicians,
- Network Administrators,
- Server Administrators, and
- Network Operations Specialists.
Network and Computer Systems Administrators median salary: $93,294 per year1
Computer Network Support Specialist median salary: $76,184 per year1
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2018
For more information, students may contact North campus, 281-998-6150, x7242; or South campus, 281-929-4603.