Want to see the busiest and most profitable marketplace society has ever built? Just take a look around you! We live in a global economy. International trade is how tens of thousands of companies function, from huge corporations to small shops. Become a vital link in this chain of commerce with a degree from San Jacinto College. Our program teaches you the complexities of successfully operating in the global logistics community. You may decide to become an importer-exporter or enter the fast-changing world of wholesale and retail buying or one of the many other options that a degree from San Jacinto College opens for you!
The San Jacinto College global logistics and supply chain management program:
- Is designed to prepare students for careers in transportation industries, international logistics, and global supply chain management industries;
- Offers a solid foundation in import/export management processes, world economics, licensing and documentation, US Customs regulations, and political-legal factors in the foreign trade environment;
- Teaches students about international purchasing and sourcing, international marketing strategies, monetary systems, international and domestic transportation and logistics, organizational culture, and global maritime management; and
- Provides field experience that offers hands-on experience as logistics interns with companies in the Greater Houston area.
Graduates of this program will work as specialists in:
- Importing and exporting,
- Trade compliance,
- The United States government,
- Freight forwarding,
- Custom brokering,
- Ocean/truck/rail/air transportation,
- Logistics, and
- Retail and wholesale representation.
Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerk median salary: $53,142 per year1
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2018.
For more information, students may contact 281-998-6150, x7242.