Do you have an eye for design? Does an empty room set your imagination on fire? If so, an Interior Design degree from San Jacinto College may be just the thing to kick-start your career. Homeowners, architects, and businesses are putting more emphasis on quality interior design than ever before. Our program will prepare you for the creative, technical, and business sides of the interior design business. As a student pursing an interior design degree, you will plan and design residential and commercial interiors, explore and research problem-solving techniques, create and give presentations, and learn how to run a successful interior design business.
The San Jacinto College interior design program:
- Is designed to develop the ability to identify, research, and creatively solve problems relative to interior spaces, including programming, design analysis, and space planning;
- Offers hands-on training with commercial and residential interiors by preparing presentations and learning business procedures used by interior designers; and
- Includes five terms of study in interior design and related courses. Upon completion of the required 60 (effective fall 2014) semester credit hours, the student may file for an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Students graduating with a degree in interior design pursue careers as:
- Ceramic tile, accessory, furniture, or textile designers,
- AutoCAD draftspersons,
- Freelance writers for interior design publications/newspapers,
- Product researchers,
- Facilities managers,
- In-house designers for government agencies, hospitals, and colleges,
- Residential or Commercial designers,
- Manufacturers representatives,
- Retail buyers for design related products, and
- Showroom representatives.
Interior Designer Median Salary: $58,6441
Source: www.texaswages.com, 2018
For more information, students may contact one of the following:
281-998-6150, x1473 or email
281-991-2608 or email Kay.Richardson@sjcd.edu