Do you have an eye for design, does an empty room set your imagination on fire, if so, an Interior Design degree from San Jacinto College may be just the thing to kick-start your career. Homeowners, architects and businesses are putting more emphasis on quality interior design than ever before. Our program will prepare you for the creative, technical and business sides of the interior design business. As a student pursing an interior design degree, you will plan and design residential and commercial interiors, explore and research problem-solving techniques, create and give presentations and learn how to run a successful interior design business.
The San Jacinto College interior design program:
- Is designed to develop the ability to identify, research, and creatively solve problems relative to interior spaces, including programming, design analysis and space planning.
- Offers hands-on training with commercial and residential interiors by preparing presentations, and learning business procedures used by interior designers.
- Includes five terms of study in interior design and related courses. Upon completion of the required 60 (effective fall 2014) term hours, the student may file for an associate of applied science degree.
Students may continue their study to complete the twelve term hours in the third year of the program and receive the Enhanced Skills Certificate in interior design. See the San Jacinto College catalog for additional certificates and details.
Through the year 2014, the Gulf Coast Region is forecasted to generate a total of 296 new interior design jobs.
Students graduating with a degree in interior design pursue careers as:
- Color Specialists
- Make-Up Artists
- Ceramic tile, accessory, furniture, or textile designers
- AutoCAD draftsperson
- Freelance writer for interior design publications/ newspapers
- Product researcher
- Facilities manager
- In-house designer for government agencies, hospitals, and colleges
- Residential or Commercial designer
- Manufacturers representative
- Retail buyer for design related products
- Showroom representative
Interior Designer Median Salary: $50,5991
Source: www.texaswages.com, 2017
For more information contact one of the following:
281-998-6150 x 1473 or email
281-991-2608 or email Kay.Richardson@sjcd.edu