A Foundation in Math Opens Many Doors
Mathematics is fundamental to many fields of study and professions – everything from auto repair to astrophysics uses mathematics. Whether you are planning a career in engineering, one of the sciences, information technology, business, finance, medicine, industry, or education, a strong mathematics foundation can be your ladder to success.
At San Jacinto College, we have small classes taught by experienced professors who are dedicated to our students' mastery of mathematics. Upon graduation, you will be ready for entry into a wide variety of four-year degree mathematics programs or for immediate entry into one of many technical fields.
Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree pathway in mathematics will be prepared for careers as:
- Accountants $83,6671
- Actuaries $111,3171
- Cost estimators $78,0271
- Financial Managers $153,7601
- Insurance Underwriters $73,0781
- Operations Research Analysts $94,5951
- Real Estate Appraisers $73,9671
- Secondary teachers $60,5101
- Statistician $86,9641
Source: www.texaswages.com, annual median salary after earning a bachelor's degree, Gulf Coast region, 2020
For advising and course information, students may use the contacts below for each campus.
- Central Campus: Ryan Martinets, firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-998-6150, x1804
- Generation Park Campus: Dr. Tyler Olivier, email@example.com, 281-998-6150, x7183
- North Campus: Tim Bell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-998-6150, x7392
- South Campus: Jackeline Webb, email@example.com, 281-922-3449
Generation Park Campus
Mu Alpha Theta
Mu Alpha Theta (MAT) is a national mathematics honor society for students attending high school and two-year colleges. Members of the San Jacinto College chapter of MAT can participate in mathematics competitions, enrichment opportunities related to math, community outreach such as tutoring, as well as opportunities to engage with other clubs at San Jacinto College and to attend a national mathematics conference.
Mu Alpha Theta and MAT Educational Foundation award $4,000 scholarships to our members every year. Any graduating high school senior or two-year college student who is an active member of a current Mu Alpha Theta chapter is eligible.