The medical field is one of the fastest-growing industries in the nation. As more doctors open offices or join established practices, the need for well-trained assistants increases. Medical assistants shoulder huge responsibilities. A day’s work could include: scheduling appointments, preparing patients for examination, recording vital signs, arranging hospital admissions, handling lab specimens, sterilizing instruments, calling in prescriptions, drawing blood, handling insurance, removing sutures, and taking electrocardiograms.
Medical assistant employment is expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations as the health services industry expands. The increasing number of group practices, clinics, and other health care facilities drives employment growth for support personnel, particularly the flexible medical assistant.
After completing the Medical Assisting program, the student earns a Certificate of Technology and is eligible to sit for three exams. These include the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) exam to earn the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification, the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam to earn a certificate from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), and the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) exam to earn the National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) certification.
The San Jacinto College Medical Assisting program is accredited by:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
The San Jacinto College Medical Assisting Certificate of Technology prepares students for careers in the offices of:
- Ophthalmologists, and
- Other health practitioners.
Medical Assistant: $34,218 per year1
Source: texaswages.com, median salary Gulf Coast region, 2019
For more information, students may contact one of the following:
281-459-5410 or email email@example.com
281-998-6150, x7863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may refer to the College website regarding Medical Assisting for more information.
- Application for Admission / Information Packet
- Medical Assisting Student Handbook Summer 2021 - Fall 2021 - Summer 2022
- Medical Assistant Admission Guide
- Steps to Enroll Checklist
SAN JACINTO COLLEGE DISTRICT
MEDICAL ASSISTING PROGRAM STUDENT OUTCOMES RESULTS
- San Jacinto College Medical Assistant Certificate Program has a job placement rate of 97.87% for the 2018 graduates.
- San Jacinto College Medical Assistant Certificate Program has a retention rate of 94% for the admission cohorts that entered August 2017, and there are a number of support services available to students so that they can successfully complete the program.
- San Jacinto College Medical Assistant Certificate Program exam passage rate for those who graduated in 2017, is 94.29%.
The program student outcomes are on the most recent Annual Report Form submitted to the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).