Are you interested in the way things work? Have you always wanted to build your own computer? If so, San Jacinto College’s desktop support program can provide you with the skills to become a desktop and laptop computer hardware and software support expert. Our program teaches students to install, maintain, repair, replace, and upgrade computers to set you on course for a fulfilling career in the always booming tech industry.
The San Jacinto College’s network administration program:
- Provides students with the skills necessary to work as computer network service technicians, with an emphasis placed on installing and maintaining network;
- Is designed to provide the student with skills in desktop computer hardware and software support;
- Teaches students to install, maintain, repair, replace, and upgrade desktop computers; and
- Prepares students for industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+ and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA).
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Desktop Support and Microsoft Networking is an excellent entry point into future studies leading to careers that include:
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Helpdesk Support
- PC Technician
- MS Network Administrator
- Network Technician
- Network Administrator
- Server Administrator
- Network Operations Specialist
Network and Computer Systems Administrators median salary: $95,262 per year1
Computer Network Support Specialist median salary: $70,660 per year1
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2017
For more information, please contact North Campus, 281-998-6150 ext. 7242; Central Campus, 281-476-1836; or South Campus, 281-929-4603.