Many employers today require nurses to hold at least a bachelor’s degree. If you’re a registered nurse who wants to take your career to the next level, our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-to-BSN) program can get you there quickly and affordably. The program is offered at San Jac's Central Campus, conveniently located for nurses in Southeast Houston, Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Clear Lake, Webster, Kemah, Seabrook, and surrounding communities.
Degrees & Certificates
There are several scholarships available to San Jacinto College nursing students. To apply, you’ll need your San Jac SOS login information. When you apply to San Jac you’ll receive access to your login information.
Visit San Jac’s Academic Works scholarship page. Sign in with your SOS login and fill out the application. The best part is, you’ll be matched with all scholarships in which you qualify so only one application is required! Keep an eye on your San Jac email account for award notices.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) Status
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) - Initial Accreditation (November 25, 2020, thru Fall, 2026).
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Texas Board of Nursing (BON)
333 Guadalupe #3-460
Austin, Texas 78701
RN-to-BSN Program Expected Level of Achievement (ELA)
- RN-to-BSN Program will transition from hybrid delivery to 100% online delivery by the end of the 2023 academic year.
- Increase enrollment by 5% for the upcoming academic terms (fall 2023, spring 2024, fall 2024).
- 80% of the students will graduate with their starting program cohort.
- 80 % of the students who complete the program will secure employment in a professional nursing role that requires a minimum of a BSN credential.
- Information Sessions
Visit the BSN Information Sessions page for details and upcoming dates.
- Program Outcomes
RN-to-BSN End of Program Outcomes
- Promote the practice of professional nursing through advocacy and leadership activities while functioning within the nurse’s legal and ethical scope of practice.
- Synthesize comprehensive assessment data to identify problems, formulate goals, and develop a plan(s) of care for patients, families, populations, and communities using evidence-based practice and published research.
- Formulate goals and outcomes using an evidence-based and theoretical analysis of available data to reduce patient and community risk.
- Integrate the use of multiple referral resources and technology in monitoring and promoting quality health care by considering cost, effectiveness and efficiency of care, continuity and continuum of care, and health promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
Hear from two of San Jac's RN-to-BSN students as they answer the call for advanced nursing training.