The San Jacinto College personal trainer program utilizes a curriculum that is nationally recognized.
At San Jacinto College, you can depend on classes that get you the results for which you are looking. Our professional instructors have the experience and knowledge needed to teach and motivate students who are seeking a healthy life-style and want to help others do the same. Many of those with personal trainer certifications do not have a business plan or adequate skills to work with clients. Our program provides hands-on training and education for students looking to become personal trainers through the study of scientific principles, methodologies and research applied to exercise and fitness. They also gain experience in marketing, health promotion and current business practices from those working in the industry. Upon completion of the program requirements, students earn a certificate of technology credential and are thoroughly prepared to take a nationally recognized personal trainer certification exam.
The personal trainer certificate program:
- Builds a strong background in the areas of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, healthy lifestyle, safety, psychology, and health promotion;
- Develops a strong business model through offering information about best practices, professional ethics, marketing, record keeping, and communication; and
- Prepares students to take any of the nationally-recognized certification exams.
Projected 13 percent increase in jobs through the year 2022.
As baby boomers age, jobs for fitness trainers and instructors are expected to rise in fitness centers.
Obesity in young people and general overall health issues are causing a need for more fitness trainers.
Classes such as yoga and pilates are expected to continue to increase due to older adults wanting relief from stress, arthritis, and other health issues.
Business and government are recognizing the benefits for employees to be active, with more incentives being offered to join gyms.
Personal trainers can earn an average of $18.79/hour1
www.texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2018
Learn from Top-rated Instructors
We know that you have choices when it comes to personal trainer certification programs, so why choose San Jacinto College? We offer the very best hands-on approach to becoming a personal trainer. We have the latest in industry equipment and our instructors are leaders in their fields. Finding what works for you means that you need a place where you can receive personal instruction in the knowledge and skills to become a successful personal trainer. We are that place!
Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Personal Trainer?
Do you have a passion for fitness?
Do you enjoy learning about exercise?
Can you motivate others?
Do you have customer service skills?
Are you a good listener?
Do you have problem-solving skills?
Are you a good communicator?
For more information, students may contact 281-998-6150, x3350.
- Apply to and be accepted to San Jacinto College (if not currently enrolled).
- Complete and return the information request form located here. Please indicate on question 5 that you are planning to enroll in the program. Please also ensure that your email address and telephone number are correct.
- A representative from the Personal Trainer program will contact you prior to fall registration and advise on the correct courses to register for.
|FITT 1237||Personal Training||2|
|FITT 2413||Exercise Science||4|
|FITT 2301||Lifestyle Change for Wellness||3|
|FITT 1301||Fitness and Exercise Testing||3|
|First Term Credits||12|
|FITT 2309||Theory of Exercise Program Design and Instruction||3|
|FITT 2471||Kinesiology and Biomechanics||4|
|FITT 1303||Fitness Event Planning and Promotion||3|
|FITT 2311||Prevention and Care of Exercise Injury (will include CPR/First Aid)||3|
|FITT 1164||Practicum Health and Physical Education, General||1|
|Second Term Credits||14|
Capstone experience: FITT 2309 Theory of Exercise Program Design and Instruction.
Eligible for any nationally recognized personal trainer credentialing exam.