Do you excel in math and science and find medicine and technology fascinating? Then we have the prescription for your career indecision. Look no further than preparing and dispensing medication. Become an essential health care worker as a pharmacy technician!
Degrees & Certificates
The Pharmacy Technician program at San Jacinto College is an Advanced Level Training Program that is accredited by The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). The program is also a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) recognized program.
Application Information and Deadlines
The Pharmacy Technician Program at South campus accepts students twice a year. Application deadlines are July 15th for the Fall semester and November 30th for the Spring semester.
The Pharmacy Technician Program at North campus accepts students once a year for the Fall semester. Students can choose either the full-time day program or the part-time afternoon program. Application deadline is July 31st.
Once the deadline for applications has passed, all completed files will be reviewed and processed.
Applicants for the program must:
1. Meet the College's general admission requirements
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Apply to San Jacinto College at www.sanjac.edu/apply.
2. Meet the Program's Admission Requirements
- Complete and submit TSAI scores (see www.sanjac.edu/placement-testing)
- Complete and submit a program application
- Have a clear background check
- Have a negative 10-panel drug screen
- Have a valid Social Security Number
Recommended Admission Information
- Upload all immunization records (see Immunization Checklist for Pharm Tech)
- Obtain a Pharmacy Technician Trainee License through the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/applicants/tech-trainee.asp)
Acceptance to the Pharmacy Technician Program is based on open enrollment, first come first served basis. If a student meets all basic requirements, he/she is accepted for admission. When the program capacity is reached, qualified applicants are placed on a waiting list in the order their application was received, and they are offered admission during the next admission cycle.
Background Check/Drug Screening Information
The Pharmacy Technician Program utilizes the company CastleBranch to perform background checks, drug screen testing and to manage all required immunization documents. All applicants are required to purchase and pass the background check and drug screen testing BEFORE they are allowed to register for any Pharmacy Technician course.
For more information about how to use CastleBranch, click here: CastleBranch Portal User Guide
Select the link below to access the Package Code:
North Campus Package Code South Campus Package Code
Information sessions for both campuses will be held as zoom meetings, or face-to-face with the appropriate program director.
Upcoming sessions for the South Campus:
For more information, please contact:
- North campus at North.Pharmtech@sjcd.edu
- South campus at South-Pharmtech@sjcd.edu
Program Outcomes - Pass Rates for National Credentialing
Campus Date Updated Pass Rates North Campus 6/29/21 91% South Campus 4/12/23 85%
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) National Pass Rate:
Exams Administered Date Updated Pass Rate 283,229 12/31/22 70%
Resources and Important Documents
Give shots? No way! But COVID-19 vaccines changed Adilene Ambriz Ayala's fate.