At San Jacinto College, the web page development curriculum:
- Is designed to provide the student with basic web applications development skills, beginning with HTML and CSS technologies;
- Places an emphasis on designing interactive web applications to communicate with data sources and run across multiple platforms; and
- Offers two paths to earn a Certificate of Technology:
- The Web Design and Implementation Specialty Certificate of Technology is designed for students who wish to focus on front-end design and web page creation through the utilization of graphic-based software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and DreamWeaver.
- Most courses required for either of these certificates will also apply toward the Web Applications Development Specialty Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. The College structured both certificates so students can complete them in three semesters. After earning their certificate of technology, web students can then earn their AAS degree by completing only one additional semester of study consisting of an additional five courses (15 semester credit hours).
Note for transfer students: Some of the courses for this degree will be accepted for transfer to certain colleges/universities. The College encourages students to check with a counselor for details on course transferability. San Jacinto College offers two courses of study in this area that include computer information technology and computer science.
An AAS degree or Certificate of Technology in Web Development prepares students for a career as a:
- Web specialist,
- Web applications developer,
- Web designer, or
- Mobile apps developer.
Web developer Median Salary: $74,533 per year1
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2018
For more information, students may contact 281-998-6150, x7242