At San Jacinto College our web page programming curriculum:
- Is designed to provide the student with basic web applications development skills;
- Places on emphasis on designing web applications to communicate with data sources and business systems;
- Will train students to understand how web pages connect to data sources and back-end data servers; and
- Offers two paths: The web applications development certificate of technology is designed for students who desire to earn their credential after three semesters of study. All courses required for this certificate will also apply toward the Web Applications Development Specialty Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Note for transfer students: Some of the courses for this degree will be accepted for transfer to certain colleges/universities. Students are encouraged to check with a counselor for details on course transferability. San Jacinto College offers two courses of study in this area that include computer information technology and computer science.
An AAS degree or certificate of technology prepares students for a career as a:
- Web specialist,
- Web applications developer,
- Web designer, or
- Mobile apps developer.
Web developer Median Salary: $72,018 per year1
Source: texaswages.com, Gulf Coast region, 2017
For more information, please contact 281-998-6150, x7242