The San Jacinto College dance program invites submissions of short dance films for its first-ever Artists for Hope Dance Film Festival, to be held February 22-28, 2021. Artists for Hope is a charity concert event in which all ticket sales are gifted to a chosen local organization that makes a positive impact in our community. Entering its 6th year, AFH is embracing the virtual dance world and transitioning from a previously live event. To learn more about how the organization is evolving for 2021, please visit our Artists for Hope page.
RULES & TERMS
- Must be an original work, created for film/video.
- Compilations and documentation of live dance performances will not be considered.
- Films longer than 12 minutes or not centered on dance will not be considered.
- Work must have been produced after November 1, 2018.
- The individual or entity submitting this film warrants that it holds all necessary rights for submission of this film for exhibition in the Artists for Hope Dance Film Festival and for use in related promotional and educational events prior to the festival and up to 24 months thereafter and (2) shall indemnify and hold harmless San Jacinto College from and against any and all claims, costs, suits, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and court costs) by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, royalties, publicity and/or screening related to the film.
- Films will be screened live and online. Exhibition formats and level of screening quality may change based on equipment availability and venue changes.
- San Jacinto College is granted the right to utilize and excerpt from any film or image submitted and accepted for exhibition at the festival and for promotional purposes.
- All accepted short films are to be shown on a digital file. Our preferred format is Quicktime: h.264 codec, 1920x1080 frame size at 30fps. Other options may be used but will remain in their native format.
- Accepted films that have dialogue will need to provide a Closed Captions file.
DEADLINES & FEES
11/1/2020: Submissions Open
12/10/2020: Earlybird Deadline
1/10/2021: Regular Deadline
2/1/2021: Selections Announced