2020 Tax Filing Season
Tax Deadline Changed!
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the deadline to FILE and PAY federal income taxes has been extended to July 15, 2020. This relief applies to all individual returns, trusts, and corporations. This relief is automatic. Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify.
FREE Quality Tax Preparation
Stop Paying to Get Your Taxes Prepared! FREE Electronic Filing | FREE Direct Deposit | FREE ITINs | FAST Refunds
BakerRipley Neighborhood Tax Centers will prepare tax returns at no cost to families and individuals earning up to $58,000. https://www.bakerripley.org/services/baker-ripley-tax-center
- Checklist of documents you will need here CHECKLIST PDF
*Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: All Tax Centers are closed until further notice. Check with individual neighborhood center for dates and times. Neighborhood Centers
United Way THRIVE helps families build stronger financial futures by acquiring skills and education, obtaining better jobs, developing good financial habits and building savings.
Financial Services include: individual financial consultation, free credit pull, credit analysis and dispute resolution, budgeting skills, connection to financial products and financial education workshops. *** Thrive Centers Flyer
United Way of Greater Houston THRIVE Center at Bay Area
1300 Bay Area Blvd, Building
Houston TX 77058
En Español: 281-282-6043
San Jacinto College CPD Community Engagement provides free financial literacy workshops to educate and empower students, adults, and seniors.
View article from Women and Wealth Workshop
Calendar of Free Financial Literacy Virtual Workshops
No need to pay for financial tips!
- Medicare 101: Wednesday, May 27, 12:00 PM
- Debt Solutions: Wednesday, June 3, 12:00 PM
- Estate Planning Basics: Tuesday, June 9, 12:00 PM
- Women and Wealth (Repeat): Tuesday, June 23, 12:00 PM
* Note: To learn more or register, call 281-476-1893 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Workshop dates/times subject to change. The Community Center will offer virtual workshops until further notice. For updates, join our e-mail list by contacting the above e-mail address. Thank you for your understanding during this period of altered operations.
TexasLawHelp.org provides free legal educational resources. Learn about a variety of simple civil legal topics and court forms.
- Estate Planning
Houston Volunteer Lawyers is a non-profit service of the Houston Bar Association that provides free legal aid to low-income residents of Harris County. https://www.makejusticehappen.org/