San Jacinto’s CPP Mastery Exam Prep course is an exam-based certification offered by the American Payroll Institute. It is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training and professional development.
This comprehensive program provides a solid understanding of advanced payroll topics necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This advanced payroll course is for experienced payroll professionals that are at a supervisory or management level or are looking to move up to that level.
Students are required to have basic payroll and payroll calculations knowledge or have completed FPC class and/or certification.
June 10-July 29, 2023
9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Identify employees vs. individual contractors
- Understand Fair Labor Standards
- Discover federal taxation laws and related legislation
- Understand differences between taxable and non-taxable compensation
- Learn how to manage health, accident, and retirement benefits
- Learn how to put court order deductions into effect
- Understand payroll accounting transactions
- Put into practice record keeping and systems skills
- Understand the roll of payroll management
- Learn common payroll terms and acronyms
- Prepare student for the CPP examination
Materials Needed: Payroll Train Access and workbooks provided by San Jacinto College. Learn more on the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) website.
Sheila R. Simon
Director, Business Ops., Supply Chain, & Entrepreneurship