The Payroll Specialist program at San Jac meets the American Payroll Association (APA) specific educational needs of payroll professionals and those involved with payroll-related businesses.
Students will explore fundamental payroll calculations and applications providing the basic knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties.
- Knowledge of payroll and paycheck fundamentals, and payroll operations
- How to identify and understand payroll benefits
- Understanding tax reporting
- Demonstrate payroll accounting
- How to put into practice professional skills and responsibilities as a payroll professional
- Information for those interested in taking the optional Fundamental Pay Certification (FPC) exam.
Materials Needed: PayTrain access and workbooks provided by San Jacinto College.