San Jacinto College’s CPR course is for health care providers and professional rescuers. It meets the requirements for initial certification and recertification for industrial rescue workers, nurses, nursing students, EMTs, and other allied health professionals involved with patient care.
Students learn how to use Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) and how to use lifesaving skills in respiratory and cardiac emergencies involving adults, children and infants.
Dates & Times
Offered 8am – 3pm:
Feb. 4 & 18, 2023
March 4 & 25, 2023
April 15 & 29, 2023
May 13, 2023
- Perform adult CPR.
- Perform pediatric (child & Infant) CPR.
- Perform 2 rescuer scenarios with the use of the bag valve mask.
- Recognize and treat foreign-body airway obstruction reliefs techniques for the conscious person.
- Recognize and treat foreign-body airway obstruction reliefs techniques for the unconscious person.
- Use the automated external defibrillator on adults in appropriate situations.
- Use the automated external defibrillator on children in appropriate situations.
- Recognize and care for special resuscitation situations.
- Perform basic life support in a cardiac emergency.
- Develop an understanding of emergency care for strokes and cardiac arrests.
Director, Health Occupations
Training Coordinator, Health Occupations
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Health Occupations
281-998-6350 ext. 1055