The Occupational Safety program at San Jacinto College focuses on protecting the safety, health, and welfare of employees. It ensures workers have the required skills to safely perform their job functions.
Through a sequence of courses designed to give students deepening knowledge, each topical study area provides students with knowledge about chemicals, structures, protocols and industry standards. From general knowledge to certified specialists, occupational safety touches every business and industry.
Dates & Times
Stay tuned for upcoming dates.
- OSHA 10-Hour for Construction
- OSHA 10-Hour for General Industry
- OSHA 30-Hour for Construction
- OSHA 30-Hour for General Industry
- SAF Frontline Safety Training
- COSS- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist
- COSM- Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers
- OSHA 510- Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
- OSHA 511- Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- OSHA 500- Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
- OSHA 501 Trainer Course for General Industry
Students who successfully complete the program, will receive their OSHA Certification, for that particular course.
- High school diploma.
- COSM-Have a minimum of two years of safety, health or environmental work experience.
The median annual wage for Occupational Health and Safety Specialists and Technicians was $ 78,740 in May 2021. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $44,040, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $118,510. (BLS)
Overall employment of occupational health and safety specialists and technicians is projected to grow 7 percent from 2020 to 2030, about as fast as the average for all occupations. About 9,600 openings for occupational health and safety specialists and technicians are projected each year, on average, over the decade. (BLS)
Sr. Administrative Assistant
281-478-3698 (Press #1)