CPET is excited to announce the development of the Process Safety Certificate Program which will promote the ownership of process safety at all levels of operations.
The Mary Kay O'Connor Process Safety Center (MKOPSC) at Texas A&M University and the LyondellBasell Center for Petrochemical, Energy, & Technology (CPET) at San Jacinto College are taking initiatives to develop a process safety training program for workers in the chemical and energy industries. The program will target operators, supervisors, and engineers with four courses designed to provide a thorough knowledge base that is balanced with hands-on, real world applications and practice. Upon completion of the four courses, a trainee will receive a Process Safety Continuing Education Certificate from San Jacinto College.
Content for the four courses is currently in development via a collaboration of MKOPSC, CPET, and subject matter experts participating through the Texas Chemical Council Safety Committee. Leadership and oversight is provided by the Steering Team composed on representatives from MKOPSC, CPET, and Texas Chemical Council.
For more information:
Each of the four courses will provide 48 hours of instruction over three months delivered in a hybrid format consisting of:
- 24 hours of online content containing lecture and study materials prepared by the Texas A&M MKOPSC.
- 24 hours (one 8-hour day/month) completing hands-on, work-based learning in the CPET state-of-the-art facilities.
The first course, Intro to Process Safety, is a pre-requisite to the other courses. Trainees can choose to take just the first course or multiple courses as suits their needs. However, the certificate would be awarded to those trainees who complete all four courses.
Registration link for self-pay
|Introduction to Process Safety (Course description.)||
Online curriculum: May 24, 2021
Lab dates: June 18, July 9, Aug. 13
|Click here to register.|
|Introduction to Risk Management (Course description.)||August 2021||Coming soon.|
|Fire Protection and Emergency Response (Course description.)||January 2022||Coming soon.|
|Industrial Safety and Technical Fundamentals (Course description.)||January 2022||Coming soon.|
- Need a different payment option?
If you need to pay using a company PO, check, or other option, you can:
- Download this excel file. Complete the information and email it to Laura.Phoenix@sjcd.edu who will complete your registration process. Alternatively, you can create your SJC student G# yourself by completing registration for this free course title "CPET Special Project" (link here).
- Complete a company payment voucher and print on your company letter head. Then, email it to Laura.Phoenix@sjcd.edu. (Sample voucher letter here.) Note that the company voucher letter must be received within 24 hours of when your registration was completed or the system will delete your registration due to missing payment.
- Download a flyer?
What are others saying about this new certificate program?