About the Market
San Jacinto College is aware that many students are still in need of assistance during this time. Therefore, we are keeping our Food Markets open at each campus, with altered operations, in collaboration with the Houston Food Bank. In order to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, the following procedures are in place to receive food through this program:
- Beginning April 14th, food market services will be done through curbside pickup by appointment. Students may follow this link to make your appointment. If a student has registered a sub-shopper with the Houston Food Bank, that person may set an appointment on their behalf.
- Can select an appointment time at appointments.sanjac.edu up to two weeks in advance.
- Select your Campus
- Under Department, select Student Engagement and Activities
- Select your desired date and time.
- In order to prevent infection, guests will be directed to a designated parking area, and our staff will load food into the trunk of your car. For everyone’s health and safety, we ask that you do not bring any other family members or guests on-campus with you.
- You may set an appointment for any of our three campus locations. However, you still may not exceed 30 pounds of products per week.
- Once your appointment request is received, we will verify that you are currently enrolled at San Jacinto College and are signed up for the Food for Change Program through the Houston Food Bank. If you are currently enrolled, but have not signed up for the Food for Change program, a team member will assist you with enrolling in the program when you arrive.
Food Market Hours (By Appointment) During Altered Operations:
- Central Campus (located in the C14 parking lot) - Tuesdays 1-4pm & Wednesdays 9am-4pm
- North Campus (located in the N12 parking lot) - Wednesdays 12pm–3pm & Thursdays 10am–4pm
- South Campus (located in the S11 parking lot) - Wednesdays 10am–4pm & Thursdays 9am–12pm
Please keep in mind that we are limited to what food and supplies we receive from our partners at the Houston Food Bank. For this reason, we will prepackage your food distribution and cannot guarantee the availability or quantity of any specific items. However, we are committed to providing a balanced variety of food in every distribution using what we have available.
If you have a small donation simply bring the items to the Student Engagement & Activities between 8AM-5PM Monday thru Friday or drop the items in one of the yellow donation bins around campus.
For larger donations please contact your Student Engagement & Activities Office to arrange a drop off time.
If your organization is interested in hosting a food drive to benefit the Food Market, please contact your Student Engagement & Activities Office.
Currently our Most Needed Items are:
(Dish Soap, sponges, Clorox wipes, floor cleaner)
(Soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, lotion, razors, feminine hygiene products)
(Diapers, wipes, formula, rice cereal, baby food)