Explore a career through Career Services
Shadow a professional in a specific field for a day and explore your career options. With a job shadowing experience at San Jacinto College, you’ll be able to try different jobs and see if your current major is the right fit for you. You’ll be paired with a host - many of whom are SJC alumni - for a day of first-hand observation and intensive one-on-one career exploration.
A typical job shadow includes:
- A tour of the company and typical daily activities.
- Conversations with professionals.
- Exploration of the skills, education, training, and certifications required for success in an industry.
- Introductions to human resources personnel, department managers, CEO, etc.
- Discussions with recent hires at the company to discuss their path to employment.
Students aren’t the only ones who benefit from job shadowing. Host companies have a unique opportunity to connect with and inspire students early in their college career, influence their academic choices, and build awareness of the rewarding career opportunities available in our region.