May 17, 2019 - 7pm – NRG Stadium
- Graduation caps and gowns can be purchased at the campus bookstore for a cost of $38 + tax.
- Women wear their caps throughout the ceremony. Men remove their caps for the Invocation.
- Out of respect and dignity of the ceremony we ask that graduates do not decorate or alter their caps or gowns in any way.
- No high school cords, stoles, medals, or tassels are allowed to be worn (with the exception of early college high school medals, see below).
- Only approved specialty regalia, cords, stoles, medals, or tassels will be allowed to be worn.
- See below for approved specialty regalia
Approved specialty regalia
All approved specialty regalia is to be worn over your gown and are determined by advisor.
- Honors graduates – medals given by the Honor department.
- Phi Theta Kappa - gold stole or blue and gold cords ordered by student.
- National Technical Honor Society - grey and purple cords or stole ordered by student.
- Early College High School - San Jacinto College medallion given by ECHS.
- Veterans - red, white and blue cords given out at commencement registration area.