When You Arrive for Commencement
- Graduates must arrive by 5:45pm. Please be on time.
- You will enter through the Atrium Entrance on Crawford St. at Texas Ave.
- Graduates will be directed to the check-in and robing areas once inside.
- Only graduates with caps and gowns will be allowed in the robing area.
- You will be lined up alphabetically, separated by degree and certificate.
- You cannot carry anything into the seating area except the name card provided at check-in.
- No purses, no bubbles, no balloons, no programs, nothing!
- Cell phones are allowed but must be put away during the processional and during the ceremony.
- Leave belongings with your guests. There will not be a place to store belongings.
The ceremony lasts approximately 2 ½ hours - graduates are required to stay for the entire ceremony
- Dress comfortably for an indoor environment. The building is not heated or air conditioned. Houston weather being unpredictable, it may be cold or hot inside the building, please dress accordingly.
- Comfortable shoes are encouraged - you will have to walk on a gravel track, climb stairs, and stand for long periods of time during the ceremony.
- The ceremony lasts approximately 2 ½ hours and graduates will stay on the stadium floor for the entire ceremony and will not be able leave until graduate recessional.