Below is a list of housing/shelter resources in the local area. Keep in mind, the information below is not a complete list of the resources that may be available in your community.
- Harris County Housing Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for financial assistance, emergency shelter and a variety of other services offered by our community.
- Coalition for the Homeless serves as the backbone organization to many groups that provide direct services to the homeless.
- Harris County Housing Authority provides affordable housing and assist residents in achieving economic independence.
- Houston Housing Authority provides quality, affordable housing options and promote education and economic self-sufficiency.
- Harris County Down Payment Assistance Program (DAP) can financially help you purchase your dream house in Harris County, if you are income eligible and a first-time homebuyer.
- City of Houston Homebuyer Assistance Program is for eligible low- to moderate-income families. Funds may be used to assist an approved applicant in paying down payment, closing costs, and principal buy down.
- United Way Helpline (211)
Emergency Shelter for Men
Star of Hope-Men’s Development Center
Emergency Shelter for Women and Families
Star of Hope Cornerstone Community
Salvation Army-Family Residence
The Mission of Yahweh
Bay Area Turning Point
Houston Area Women’s Center
The Bridge Over Troubled Water