Thank you for your interest in attending San Jacinto College. A helpful guide has been provided to assist you in the application and use of your veteran education benefits as well as beginning your pathway to success in college and your career.
Please see the VA First Steps below and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Step 1. Admissions - Complete FREE online application at http://www.sjcd.edu/apply
Step 2. Claim Account - After 48 hours of submitting application, visit My San Jac, and click SOS (Student Online System). Click First Time User.
Please contact TechSupport at 281-998-6137 if you have an error.
Step 3. Decide what VA education benefit you plan to use. I have provided a link to all of the Veteran Education benefits that are available to you. http://www.gibill.va.gov/benefits/index.html
Once you decide which benefit you will use, please apply via the VONAPP application.
**Please fill out Change of Program/ Place of Training form (VA Form 1995)
Step 4. ***Please be sure to use the District Office address on the application which is (VA FORM 1995) Change of Program/ Place of training
4624 Fairmont Parkway.
Pasadena, TX 77504
You may attend any San Jacinto College Campus and use your VA benefits, however, we are listed as one college district.
***Approval from VA education benefits could take 25- 45 business days***
Step 5. Financial Aid and Scholarships - Visit the Financial Aid Office for more information.
FAFSA - www.fafsa.ed.gov
San Jacinto College Scholarships – http://sjcd.academicworks.com
Step 6. Transcripts - Request official transcripts from high school or all colleges attended to be sent to San Jacinto College, Enrollment Management Office.
- GED, foreign transcripts, and transfer of college credits: Visit the Admissions Office to complete an evaluation request for foreign and college transcripts once all the transcripts are received.
- Request Official Transcripts from prior Colleges/Universities and submit an evaluation request form to the Admissions Office.
***Request your Military Transcripts (Army, Marine, Navy, Coast Guard) https://jst.doded.mil ***Request your Community College of the Air Force https://augateway.maxwell.af.mil/ccaf/stu_svcs/transcriptrequest/login.asp
Please send all transcript requests to the following location:
13735 Beamer Road
Houston, TX 77089
Step 7. Placement Testing – Most Veterans are exempt from Placement testing, however, please meet with a VA Educational Planner in the Veteran Center to determine if testing is needed
Complete the Pre Assessment Activity (PAA): http://www.sanjac.edu/testing-PAA English proficiency-required for individuals whose native language is not English.
Step 8. Meningitis Vaccination - Proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination must be submitted to
the Admissions Office prior to class registration. For more information and a list of exemptions please
**College students under the age of 22 years old are required to have the vaccination.**
Step 9. Orientation - It is mandatory for all first time in college students, including former Dual Credit students, to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) NO EARLIER THAN ONE SEMESTER PRIOR to class registration. Sign up online via your SOS account. Educational Planning and class registration may be completed at Orientation.
Step 10. Educational Planning - If not completed at New Student Orientation, meet with an VA Educational Planner to discuss test results, degree plans, and course requirements.
Login to your SOS account to search for classes, build your class schedule, and Submit the following documents for VA certification
Step 11. Don’t Forget
Bring the following documents back to the Veteran Center for certification of benefits
Federal Benefits (Chapter's 33, 31, 35, 1606, 1607)
- Certificate of Eligibility
- DD214 of the Service Member (Not Required for Active Duty Service-members)
- Schedule Fee Bill (Displays the courses you are enrolled in, and the cost of tuition and fees) …Please click link for instructions to print this document
-Detailed Degree Evaluation (Displays the courses you are enrolled in, on your degree plan)…Please click link for instructions to print this document.
Hazlewood (Hazlewood Veteran, Hazlewood Legacy, Hazlewood Dependent Child/ Spouse)
- DD214 of the Service Member (Not Required for Active Duty Service-members
- Certificate of Eligibility (If applicable)
- Schedule Fee Bill (Displays the courses you are enrolled in, and the cost of tuition and fees)…Please click link for instructions to print this document
- Detailed Degree Evaluation (Displays the courses you are enrolled in, on your degree plan)…Please click link for instructions to print this document
- Hazlewood Application- - http://www.tvc.texas.gov/documents/TVC-ED-1-Hazlewood_Application.pdf
- Hazlewood Record of Hours Transcript- -https://hazlewood.tvc.texas.gov/students/
For more information, questions or concerns regarding your veteran education benefits and applying for admissions to San Jacinto College, please contact your Veterans Center at 281-998-6150.
The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. The following College official has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College's non-discrimination policies: Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, 4620 Fairmont Pkwy., Pasadena, TX 77504; 281-991-2659; Sandra.Ramirez@sjcd.edu