How to Submit Official Transcripts

 In Person

Unopened transcripts can be hand-delivered to the Admissions office at the nearest San Jacinto College campus. To be considered official, transcripts physically submitted must be in a sealed envelope from the issuing school.

College transcripts must be issued within 60 days. High school transcripts can be issued at any time so long as they remain sealed.

 Via US Mail

Transcripts can be mailed to:

San Jacinto College
Records Management
13735 Beamer Road
Houston, TX 77089

To be considered official, college transcripts must be mailed from your institution within 60 days of the print day.


San Jac accepts electronic transcripts from the following companies: Credentials eScrip-Safe, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), or via EDI/SPEEDE.

Transcripts emailed to the College are not accepted.


What kind of transcript do I need?

Students must request all official transcripts from high school and/or all colleges/universities attended. Read on for more details.

 If you hold an associate degree or higher you only need to submit a transcript from the school that awarded the degree, plus transcripts of any credit earned thereafter. Please make an official request to have San Jacinto College evaluate your transfer college transcripts to determine what courses will transfer by scheduling a virtual appointment or calling 281-998-6150. Transcripts must be received and on file with San Jac before students may submit an evaluation request.

Did you know?

You can take classes at San Jac for one (1) semester without submitting your official transcript, however, financial aid will not be awarded until all official transcripts are received.

To request your San Jacinto College transcript, you'll need to log into SOS. Read on for more information.

 If you are a traditional high school graduate, San Jacinto College requires your official final transcript showing your graduation date. Reach out to your high school counselor to find out how you can request your official transcript be sent to San Jac.

 Are you a GED recipient or HiSET recipient? San Jacinto College requires proof that you have earned your GED or successfully completed HiSET. Certificates and transcripts can be requested from the Texas Education Agency.  If applicable, students must request high school equivalency transcripts from out of state be sent officially in a sealed envelope from the state of origin.

 For home school graduates, San Jacinto College requires your official final transcript, showing your graduation date AND the home verification form. Both documents must be signed by the same individual.  

 Were you a dual credit student at another community college? You must submit an official college transcript along with your official final high school transcript.  Reach out to your high school counselor to find out how you can request your official transcript to be sent to San Jacinto College. Also reach out to your community college to find out how you can request your official transcript be sent to San Jac.

Still have questions?

 All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved third-party evaluation agency. For an approved list, students may go to Evaluated transcript evaluations do not have a time limit and can be submitted in person to the Admissions Office at the nearest San Jacinto College campus. You may be able to submit your transcript evaluation electronically as long as it is complete and you can verify its authentication. It will be up to the advisor or educational planner to accept it; please schedule a virtual appointment with an advisor or educational planner to discuss this in further detail before you email your documents.

 For returning students, no action is required if you previously submitted your transcripts to the college. If you don't remember if you submitted your transcripts, contact us at 281-998-6150, or schedule a virtual appointment. If you earned college credit at another institution since you last attended San Jacinto College, see the instructions above on how to submit your transcript.