Transferring to San Jac

Students interested in attending San Jacinto College from another two-year or four-year institution whether in-state, out-of-state, or abroad —

are considered a transfer student (with the exception of students who are transferring in Dual Credit courses).

* Please note: Out-of-State students who reside outside of the State of Texas are not eligible to take online classes. For questions, please contact the Distance Learning Office at 281-998-6370.

Transfer students will follow the steps listed below to gain admission:

All students please complete the application at It could take up to 24-48 hours for your application to process.

  • Meningitis: If you are under the age of 22, you will need to submit your meningitis vaccination documentation.
  • College Transcripts: You will need to submit an official transcript from each college or university you’ve attended. Transcripts are used not only to establish a TSI exemption but completion of pre-requisites.
    • Unofficial transcripts can be submitted for TSI purposes ONLY. An official transcript will still be required.
    • Transcripts should be sent to:

San Jacinto College - Records Management
13735 Beamer Road
Houston, TX 77089.

*Note: Students applying for Financial Aid at San Jacinto College will need to submit all official transcripts. Student may not receive Financial Aid from more than one institution at a time. Aid awarded at other institutions does not roll over to San Jacinto College.

Transfer students with less than 12 credit hours completed must complete New Student Orientation prior to advising and registration.

Transfer students with less than 12 credit hours must meet with a Program Advisor prior to registration.

Students with more than 12 credit hours are not required to meet with a Program Advisor, however, it is strongly recommended.