Prospective vendors are encouraged to register on the College's e-bidding and supplier management system.
With e-bidding, vendor’s will:
- Register to receive notifications of upcoming solicitations in vendor’s respective fields
- Complete and submit solicitation responses online
- Review award information online
Vendor pays no fees for utilizing the online bidding system.
It will be the sole responsibility of each vendor to maintain and keep current, their company’s information on the College’s e-bidding site. In the event of a contact person name change, address, phone, etc., it will be necessary for the vendor to edit their company information on the e-bidding site. Passwords can be reset by the College’s Purchasing staff by calling 281-998-6117. It is understood that all bid notifications will be sent to the e-mail address supplied by the vendor; therefore, in the event of an e-mail address change or ISP change, it is imperative that the vendor information be kept current. Otherwise, bid notifications will never be received by the vendor and the opportunity for bid submittal will be lost.
Click Here to register or log in to the e-bidding site
Click HERE to download step-by-step registration instructions.
What are some factors considered in the purchasing decision?
How do I find out what projects are available for bidding?
Notices of solicitations are published as legal advertisements in the Houston Chronicle.
Solicitations are posted on:
Upcoming Supplier Outreach Events
- Pasadena Chamber of Commerce Small Business Resource Fair (Click here to link to the event)
- June 29, 2022, 8 - 10 a.m.
- CT Church Pasadena, 6109 Fairmont Parkway
On-Site Contractor Identification Requirements
All contractors, subcontractors or company representatives performing work at any college property or facility shall wear a clearly visible name tag, badge, embroidered or labeled uniform shirt, or other personal or company identification at all times. Failure to comply with this requirement could result in removal from the campus until corrected.
For more FAQs, please see the Purchasing FAQs section of our website.
Click here for a complete list of commodities.
Invoices and Payments
- Seller shall submit separate invoices, in duplicate, on each purchase order after each delivery. Invoices shall indicate the purchase order number. Invoices shall be itemized and transportation charges, if any, shall be listed separately. A copy of the bill of lading, and the freight waybill when applicable, should be attached to the invoice. Mail above documentation to Accounts Payable, 4620 Fairmont Parkway, Suite A2.213, Pasadena, TX, 77504 or email email@example.com. Payment shall not be due until the above instruments are submitted after delivery. Vendor shall keep the Accounts Payable Department advised of any changes in remittance addresses.
- Buyer's obligation is payable only and solely from funds available for the purchase of this purchase. Lack of funds shall render this contract null and void to the extent funds are not available and any delivered goods by unpaid invoices will be returned to Seller by Buyer.
- Do not include Federal Excise, State or City Sales Tax. District shall furnish tax exemption certificate.
- Generally, payment will be made within thirty (30) calendar days after receipt of a properly prepared invoice or acceptance of the goods or services, whichever is later. Payment shall be considered made when SJC deposits the Contractor's payment in the mail or the date on which an electronic transfer of funds occurs.
Please note: FOB Destination Freight Pre-paid unless terms are specified otherwise.
For all other questions regarding payment, please contact Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-998-6153.
What are the College’s insurance requirements?
The general insurance requirements are workers' compensation, general liability and vehicle liability. The specific type and amount of insurance required depends on the nature of the goods or services to be provided and will be specified in the solicitation.
Click here for a complete list of insurance requirements.
This new law states a state agency may not enter into certain contracts with a business entity unless the business entity submits a disclosure of interested parties to the state agency at the time the business entity submits the signed contract to the state agency. The law applies only to a contract of a state agency that either (1) requires an action or vote by the governing body of the entity or agency before the contract may be signed or (2) has a value of at least $1 million. Note: San Jacinto Community College District’s policy requires all contracts valued at $50,000 or more be approved by its governing body, the Board of Trustees.
The Texas Ethics Commission made available on its website an application that must be used to create a Certificate of Interested Parties Form 1295. A business entity must use the application to enter the required information to create Form 1295 and print a copy of the completed Form, which will include a unique certification number. An authorized agent of that business entity must sign the printed copy of the Form. The completed Form 1295 must be filed with the state agency with which the business entity is entering into the contract (San Jacinto Community College, in this case).
The state agency must notify the Commission, using the Commission’s application, of the receipt of the filed Form 1295 not later than the 30th day after the date the contract binds all parties to the contract. The Commission will post the completed Form 1295 on its website within seven business days after receiving notice from the state agency.
Information regarding how to use the filing application is available here. Please click on the links under “Instructional Videos for Business Entities” and the “Frequently Asked Questions” for very helpful information.
If you submitted an offer that may result in a contract valued at $50,000 or more, and that offer is accepted by the San Jacinto Community College Board of Trustees, then you will be contacted by the Contracts and Purchasing Services department who will instruct you to complete Form 1295 on the Texas Ethics Commission website. Please note you must print the Form, sign it and send it (email, fax, mail or deliver) to the Contracts and Purchasing Services department.
If the offer you submitted was a response to a Request for Competitive Sealed Proposals (CSP), Request for Proposals (RFP), or Request for Qualifications (RFQ) issued by San Jacinto Community College, you must indicate the associated solicitation process number (CSP##-##, RFP##-##, or RFQ##-##) as the “identification number,” where asked on the aforementioned Texas Ethics Commission website.
If the offer you submitted was a quote based on a cooperative contract issued by a purchasing cooperatives approved by San Jacinto Community College (i.e. BuyBoard, ChoicePartners, TCPN, etc.), then you must indicate the associated purchasing cooperative contract number as the “identification number,” where asked on the aforementioned Texas Ethics Commission website.
If the offer you submitted was a quote and you attest that your entity is the sole source for the particular good or service you initially offered through this process, then use the words “Sole Source” followed by a dash and the assigned sole source number as the "identification number." Example: Sole Source - ###. Contact the San Jacinto Community College buyer to obtain assigned number.
Conflict of Interest
Effective January 1, 2006, Chapter 176 of the Texas Local Government Code requires that the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (“CIQ”) be completed and filed with the College by any vendor that enters or seeks to do business with the College. All vendors must include a signed Conflict of Interest Questionnaire, or the vendor must have an updated CIQ on file with the College.
If you have any question regarding the questionnaire please refer to the attached Texas Attorney General Opinion or contact the Texas Ethics Commission at 201 East 14th Street, 10th Floor, P.O. Box 12070, Austin, TX 78711-2070, (512) 463-5800. This commission promulgated the questionnaire and instructions.
In accordance with Local Government Code 176, San Jacinto Community College District shall provide access to the statements and to questionnaires as required on their website.