This webpage provides a comprehensive location for links to information about San
Jacinto College on a variety of subjects that may be helpful to current and prospective
students and their families as well as current and prospective employees. This information
is presented to comply with state rules and the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, which requires institutions of higher education to disclose information and reports
on various aspects of the institution's policies, procedures, operations, and costs.
The Consumer Information Notice is emailed to students annually.
Non-Loan Related Disclosure Requirements
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Student Financial Assistance
- Student Financial Aid Information: Prospective Students / Current Students
- Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
The Office of the Compliance and Judicial Affairs sends out a notice of Federal Student
Financial Aid penalties for drug violations annually.
- Verification Disclosures
- College Financing Plan (CFP) Click on the College Financial Plan tab.
General Institutional Information
- Privacy of Student Records - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For additional information on FERPA, visit the U.S. Department of Education website
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- Student Body Demographics
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy
Requirements for Withdrawal and for the Return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid
Procedure for Return of Title IV
- Textbook Information and Internet Class Schedule
- Academic Program (Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty)
- Transfer of Credit Policies
- Institutional and Program Accreditation and Approval. List of Accredited Programs.
- Professional Licensure or Certification Disclosures
San Jacinto College is required under federal law to disclose information about its
programs that may lead to a professional license or certification that is required
for employment in an occupation.
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing).
Procedure Regarding Cheating, Plagiarism, Collusion, and Fabrication
Policy Regarding Appropriate Use of Copyrighted Material
Procedure for Instructional Copyright and Performance Licensing
- Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Report (EADA)
Health and Safety
- Tobacco Use and Vaping Policy
- Drug, Tobacco, and Alcohol Policies and Support
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program Review Biennial Report
- Vaccinations Policies
- Security Report, SJC Emergency Notification System. A student notification is emailed to each enrolled student annually.
- Security Report - Missing Person Notification Policy
- Crime Logs are available at the Campus Police Departments
- Fire Safety Report and Fire Log
- Information for Crime Victims About Disciplinary Hearings
- Retention Rate and Completion/Graduation Rates
- Voter Registration Forms
Voter registration forms are also available in the Student Engagement & Activities
office on each campus. Voter registration forms can also be requested online through
the Vote Texas website at votetexas.gov.
Student complaints may be filed through the following processes, which are further
described on these websites:
- San Jacinto College Student Handbook
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
Note: Prior to the THECB initiating an investigation of a complaint, the complainant
must exhaust all of SJC's grievance and appeal procedures. Please see the Student
Handbook for complaint/grievance information. The student must also inform the THECB
of the outcome of the grievance and appeal procedures and provide copies of all documentation
pertaining to the grievance.
All submitted complaints to the THECB must include a student complaint form, a signed
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Consent and Release Form, and a
THECB Consent and Agreement Form. Submitted complaints regarding students with disabilities
shall also include a signed Authorization to Disclose Medical Record Information form.
All forms can be found on the THECB website.
Contact information at THECB: Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas rules relating to the THECB Student Complaint Procedure can be found at 19 Texas Administrative Code, 1.110 et sec.
Disclosure Requirements Relating to Education Loans
- State and Federal Grant Assistance
- Federal Student Loan Information
- National Student Loan Data System
- Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Preferred Lender Lists
San Jacinto College does not maintain a Preferred Lender List.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Consolidation Information
- Repayment Options for Loans
- Deferment & Forbearance
- Third-Party Servicer Contract for Refund Management
- Equal Opportunity Institution
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF)
- Privacy Notice
- Staff Compensation Executive Report 2023 (TX Code 659.026)
- Statement Institutional Resume
- Student Enrollment Responsibility Agreement
- Truth In Taxation